- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
fibers packing photostats seamstress conservation collective identity Bibliography cotton print dress risk protection Wool exhibition running stitch collecting policy Cendrillon Busts and mannequins Patterns Accessories identifying lace showcase folk culture Cotton Angel stitches Brazilian mechanical aids 20th century split stitch personal narrative sleeve construction nursing schools reconstruction display case Underwear collection courtship braiding technique accessioning wool heavy metals floral ornaments Raschel Storing Kensington Palace Heavily altered items Paco Rabanne vintage fashion boxes embroidery Quick Response vacuum receipts Twitter silk dwarf donor database inspiration masculine culture