- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Nutcracker Printing on fabric conservation damage materials jacket addresses collar Code of Ethics for Museums midget Guatemala long and short stitch Twitter folk dress Felting shoes Silk guidelines group identity labels contamination handling chain-link mesh dangerous holes Facebook interview military uniforms China Queen Mary of Hungary dress storage chemical lace display case fashion Chinese traditional Costume Brazilian outloans legend Underwear Planning showcase stripes Raschel fiber dust theatre policies weaving Cotton prints Le Lac des cygnes disaster planning stored forming preventive conservation crewel stitch 19th century color symbolism Mantas Publications