- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
outline stitch exhibition Kongedragter embroidery bobbin lace danger care Twitter purse textile techniques Collections Trust UK portrait khila't 1970s fatal garter indigenous peoples Patterns stored alpaca hair sleeve boxes space Pattern fabric silk Alto Peru Storing ribbon cuffs cap stockings Balmaceda customs construction fibers stem stitch data record machinery wool database Code of Ethics for Museums shoes masks French knot leather allergens Royal Danish Collections Bibliography Fleecemaking necklace Royal Museum of Mariemont crochet lace Padding nursing schools Felting sewing techniques Roméo et Juliette photographs Guatemala undergarments Belgium