- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
exhibition reconstruction packing Nylon embroidery pesticide 18th century mannequin stored children silk Stories Donkey Man deterioriation wool indigenous peoples accessories kings' garments interlinking 1970s seamstress boxes femininity China collar preventive conservation weave drama Useful addresses Shaggy Bear knickers Quick Response Fabrics materials identifying fabrics Don Quichotte surface satin stitch hospital Angel popular culture alpaca hair crucifix stripes fabrics Pattern-taking warp St Gallen contagious residue Printing on fabric tradition labeling textile fibers Swan Lake stitch purse Digital Chinese traditional Costume transportation Theater Queen Elizabeth II