- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
Cotton Jute courtship knit lead Identification emotions nurse darning stitch long and short stitch mannequins 20th century date St Gall Tizian buttonhole stitch Bibliography textile technique heavy and awkward handling photographs care sewing techniques personal narrative Storing children split stitch collar Wool reproduction Padding Titian accession labels photos Terminology leavers cuffs cap stockings traditional outfit filet lace chemicals pattern-taking lace silk cross reference Preparing the public Manneken-Pis Blogs exhibition Fabrics collecting policy Australia Mapuche textile fibers Hmong Balmaceda heavy metals Preparing marking and labeling crewel stitch