- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
donor interlinking Soviet Epoch transporting weaving Storing crucifix embroidery stitches folk culture reused clothes cuffs cap stockings 1950s archival materials fabrics diversity of backgrounds personal attitudes St Gallen weave French knot protection from evil policy accession transportation stored poison embroidery wool Social silk darning stitch Tiziano Vecelli Reconstruction Moulins 20th century label Planning photostats textile weaves Theater refugees opera labels Theater costume ballet chain-link mesh Underwear Mapuche St Gall damage empress photographs exhibition kings' garments dust leather alpaca hair photos symbolism preventive conservation