- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
Queen Mary of Hungary mannequins undergarments pattern construction disaster planning Photographs Charles V Reconstruction Wool space false weave theatre Planning locally made clothes personal identity Le Lac des cygnes José Miguel Carrera reconstruction uniform fabric documentation folk dress risk 1950s Preparing shoes group identity interlinking damage Rayon filet lace cotton fiber dust nursing schools surface satin stitch color symbolism idioms portrait wedding dress opera running stitch collecting policy Flannel Mette Bagge Kiær buttonhole stitch Thailand Alto Peru inspiration China ombré roll stitch festivals weaving symbolism popular culture bar code transport ballet Royal Gala video dress