- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
photostats embroidery cotton Raschel knitted lace beliefs Silk Hmong Hemp archival materials marking and labeling collar digital fibers exhibition space Angel identifying lace kings' garments copy textile techniques 20th century folk culture sailor suit pattern-taking chain-link mesh Pintrest Reconstruction ballet Royal Collections exhibition dress Preparing the public wool burn test mannequins reconstruction Roméo et Juliette Chile cotton print dress Munich sewing techniques Digital documentation accession number symbolism Donkey Man dust Felting acid-free tag Polyester Knitting crochet contagious residue vacuum clothes Mother Sally indigenous peoples mercury collection arsenic