- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
photography Jute Twitter Kensington Palace paper Queen Mary of Hungary Raschel embroidery Leather story stitches storage Acid-free Useful addresses transport mannequin Coolmax pattern-taking 1950s packing mannequins risk cutwork and needlework midget guidelines Gallen label lead pants insurance Shaggy Bear preventive conservation interlinking shoes materials Code of Ethics for Museums Underwear 20th century protest dress display case stripes policy outloans fabrics Donkey Man buttonhole stitch alpaca hair fiber dust exhibition Mother Sally idioms legend manufacture Pattern-taking Roméo et Juliette copy outline stitch transportation addresses Titian