- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
mannequins 19th century purse white cotton emotions Photographs lace Queen Elizabeth II Museo Histórico Nacional marking and labeling interview heavy metals lead wool preventive conservation stitches Underwear cotton donor elasticity photography Costume idioms textile technique cross reference identifying stitches pesticide chain-link mesh showcase 1950s reconstruction silk velvet archives masks storage outloans bobbin lace Giselle Munich cross-stitch fabrics Queen Juliane Marie China lining details ballet QR code Ethics Twitter contents idioms warp weave refugees Donkey Man darning stitch Kongedragter Silk dress material