- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
pattern Princess Margaret skirt collar packing care Identification fabrics sewing techniques interlinking Heavily altered items Comparative items Digital storage area Manneken-Pis accession number Gallen forming elasticity policy silk pants leather Giselle shoes Titian Mette Bagge Kiær collecting policy courtship reconstruction Moulins tunic customs Mantas dress Huipil storage wool museums dust story St Gall textile technique showcase Cotton khila't boxes La Belle au bois dormant fiber dust blanket stitch color symbolism personal attitudes popular culture French knot velvet Taoist jacket Useful addresses accessories theatre empress