- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
Tizian storage area digital cotton darning stitch Accessories Wool boxes accessories indigenous peoples personal memories contents Bibliography textile fibers Viscose Hemp Felting textile techniques miser's purse museums giraffe opera Leather Shanghai photographs personal identity exhibition storage conservation filet lace 1950s manufacture Preparing Underwear display pants Chile Barbados Price tags wearer knitted lace wool health safety dwarf jacket narrative 19th century sprang sailor suit lace Silk public embroidery stitches knit crewel stitch photography photostats interlacing and intertwining Photographs chain-link mesh