- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
Fabrics crochet silk Donkey Man Terminology chemical lace darning stitch femininity 19th century white cotton Ponchos 20th century Ethics patterns Pattern-taking storage Royal Gala video Don Quichotte Barbados Flannel mannequin self couching collar unpacking Zuzu Social Costume idioms Chinese traditional Costume professional dress Queen Juliane Marie Royal Collections refugees Mette Bagge Kiær accessories exhibition leather interview apron St Gallen reconstruction dangerous The Tudor Child Rayon Useful addresses Theater opera tunic midget policies preventive conservation WildWorks pattern lace surface satin stitch hospital skirt garment Accessories chain stitch wedding dress