- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
copy 19th century interlacing and intertwining policies Terminology cutwork and needlework Cendrillon Busts and mannequins locally made clothes Pattern-taking Costume idioms labels Guatemala ombré roll stitch silk braiding technique Theater costume stitches split stitch wool weaving giraffe shuttle outline stitch vacuum accessioning portrait Giselle fiber dust personal identity ballet Identification Royal Museum of Mariemont Mette Bagge Kiær personal attitudes chain stitch jacket French knot weave Bibliography preventive conservation Soviet Epoch photographs Patterns Nylon construction St Gall Ethics knit Flax 1950s inspiration checklist self couching Jute fatal garter sleeve Moulins Mother Sally knitted lace