- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
mercury Shanghai boxes personal identity Museo Histórico Nacional Blogs danger Storing nurse group identity prints embroidery chain-link mesh fiber dust damage Nutcracker leavers running stitch traditional costume midget Polyester stripes refugees bobbin lace archival materials Marking portrait floral ornaments exhibition false weave collar materials Tiziano Vecelli labels museum folk dress sleeve addresses protest dress knitted garments Ramie heavy and awkward handling insurance Munich Guidelines Royal Collections Taoist jacket bride stitch Hemp Underwear care stem stitch 19th century protection undergarments risk Soviet Epoch interlacing and intertwining arsenic