- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
alpaca hair The Tudor Child lead stockings 20th century ballet Polyester space heavy and awkward handling velvet Royal Gala video Preparing the public indigenous peoples hair Publications Identification identifying stitches exhibition Bodily Memory color symbolism Alto Peru Queen Elizabeth II lining fibers media José Miguel Carrera mercury addresses Chinese traditional Costume wool French knot textile weaves photography label Soviet Epoch giraffe folk culture Code of Ethics for Museums collecting policy collar archival materials documentation linen false weave diversity of backgrounds popular culture Chile Shanghai archives dictatorship purse Fabrics braiding technique Royal Danish Collections Flannel portrait materials Nutcracker Thailand sash