- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
refugees Social kings' garments Ethics disaster planning Useful Printing on fabric cross stitch identifying fibers group identity Costume idioms crucifix theatre 19th century masculine culture crochet masks alpaca hair angel Raschel collecting policy Giselle transportation Mother Sally cross reference Hmong 1962 museums seamstress Reconstruction knit cotton print dress Shaggy Bear story 18th century database museum fabrics Guidelines collecting costume La Belle au bois dormant weaving children Theater costume elasticity exhibition Fleecemaking 1970s protection St Gallen tradition Photographs khila't pattern-taking nurse photostats collective identity velvet identifying stitches photography