- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
color symbolism indigenous peoples false weave alpaca hair checklist buttonhole stitch date Princess Margaret lining stripes interview inspiration conservation selection criteria needle lace personal attitudes collar transportation Reconstruction shoes leavers crewel stitch necklace Munich Nylon Roméo et Juliette purse exhibition wedding dress knickers collecting costume sewing techniques Accessories Identification construction ribbon danger Mapuche risk portrait Storing Belgium Royal Danish Collections Australia accession number identifying lace archival materials shuttle knitted lace burn test emotions Shaggy Bear St Gallen materials acid-free tag Bodily Memory darning stitch heavy metals personal memories Titian