- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
St Gall Shanghai sprang fiber dust split stitch knit locally made clothes museum storage Collections Trust UK China lace Bibliography Chinese traditional Costume 20th century Underwear wool stem stitch personal memories indigenous peoples damage future considerations reconstruction emotions elasticity knitted garments children Useful transport dangerous material storage area sash Ramie femininity Canadian Laos photostats display case arsenic public stitch Comparative items accessories nursing schools blanket stitch handling mannequin Swan Lake cuffs cap stockings silk protection from evil José Miguel Carrera marriage fibers Resource popular culture drama ICOM