- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
protest dress cross stitch Bodily Memory courtship Canadian Quick Response Shanghai stripes accession folk culture Lady in White heavy metals reconstruction 19th century Underwear Costume idioms Fleecemaking conservation dwarf pattern-taking shuttle chain-link mesh mannequins apron Chile health safety Rosenborg Castle Kongedragter khila't nursing schools material Taoist jacket locally made clothes collar refugees mannequin lining personal attitudes lace leavers Prince Frederik's coat Reconstruction wool sprang protection Guidelines fibers care Tiziano Vecelli Ramie French knot space Museo Histórico Nacional miser's purse Marking alpaca hair reproduction split stitch cotton skirt