- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
marking and labeling symbolism Queen Mary of Hungary masculine culture Fleecemaking shuttle Preparing the public space military uniforms Chile Quick Response khila't materials 19th century Pattern-taking legend elasticity interlacing and intertwining idioms surface satin stitch drama Heavily altered items Lace protection lace silk interview Guidelines patterns Kensington Palace stockings Viscose uniform ombré roll stitch packing St Gallen wedding dress gown receipts photographs cuffs cap stockings collection La Belle au bois dormant wearer wool pattern-taking museums cotton print dress story self couching Barbados popular culture weaving split stitch fibers Shanghai Stories Gallen French knot