- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
embroidery narrative preventive conservation forming 20th century storage area French knot embroidery stitches display Theater labeling labels dictatorship Don Quichotte Gallen pattern Preparing indigenous peoples Canadian future considerations long and short stitch Manneken-Pis fabric lining transport Tiziano Vecelli reconstruction knitted garments cross stitch addresses legend collective identity Lady in White chain-link mesh Princess Margaret dress Wool Chile Knitting military uniforms weaving archival materials traditional outfit policies crucifix weave Balmaceda mask wool data record Chinese traditional Costume sprang showcase Costume idioms Ribbons alpaca hair exhibition accessories fibers accessioning