- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
interlacing and intertwining Mantas Ramie 1950s knit Gallen stripes ICOM narrative Collections Trust UK prints guidelines macramé boxes Heavily altered items 20th century date handling damage 1962 lead Angel arsenic reused clothes contagious residue collar wearer health safety courtship group identity Brazilian vintage fashion Manneken-Pis 18th century surface satin stitch stem stitch construction Mapuche Raschel Shaggy Bear packing Zuzu wool photography Queen Juliane Marie Knitting purse Pattern-taking identifying stitches wedding dress crucifix split stitch ombré roll stitch blanket stitch Identification embroidery stitches mercury folk dress pattern refugees