- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
folk dress transportation embroidery stitches knickers exhibition WildWorks knitted lace fabrics Fabrics Mapuche insurance Chinese traditional Costume bride crochet lace label material Ribbons Fleecemaking blanket stitch shoes 18th century stem stitch buttonhole stitch dress Collections Trust UK Barbados contents policy José Miguel Carrera Shanghai customs pattern-taking Raymonda labels bar code Queen Juliane Marie identification of lace SPECTRUM outline stitch collection padding Flax lace Princess Margaret self couching Storing Busts and mannequins Identification traditional outfit fashion Photographs giraffe preventive conservation interlacing and intertwining cuffs cap stockings storage contamination fiber dust collar