- 1. The Artist Imagination
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Working with artists to story-weave into the dress display Joanna Marschner Historic Royal Palaces At Kensington Palace artists and theatre-makers have united with curators to work within ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... An interesting example of such an approach was used in the ‘Victoria Revealed’ exhibition at Kensington Palace in London. Excerpts from the Queen’s journal and letters accompany the collection of her ...
lace embroidery stitches 19th century identifying lace outline stitch handling 1970s forming mauvine weave Kensington Palace apron accession exhibition knitted garments José Miguel Carrera collecting policy Identification photography midget mechanical aids indigenous peoples Planning transportation photographs photostats Le Lac des cygnes Preparing the public Sculptors stockings gown holes construction Mother Sally elasticity materials arsenic Hans Maler wool damage Heavily altered items Cendrillon Royal Museum of Mariemont storage Mette Bagge Kiær darning stitch dress buttonhole stitch Royal Danish Collections Preparing narrative vacuum folk culture contamination 1962 blanket stitch boxes long and short stitch Lace refugees