- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
Chile Alto Peru materials transportation transporting tradition Hans Maler selection criteria pattern-taking vacuum purse label archives Barbados nurse danger sailor suit Brazilian marriage embroidery Royal Collections conservation silk drama Bodily Memory elasticity garment femininity identifying stitches Titian false weave unpacking policy Theater costume Fleecemaking photostats Pintrest identification of lace angel pants warp Mother Sally buttonhole stitch display 1950s La Belle au bois dormant empress Planning Costume idioms opera Lace bobbin lace pattern inspiration personal attitudes Reconstruction Royal Museum of Mariemont surface satin stitch Thailand midget