- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
silk idioms media Bodily Memory wedding dress interlacing and intertwining documentation 1950s mauvine Nylon velvet pants Knitting storage area digital Royal Gala video Guidelines burn test contamination Hemp fashionable dress addresses pattern reconstruction festivals heavy and awkward handling Angel folk culture Hans Maler reused clothes Mapuche Donkey Man Queen Mary of Hungary exhibition Weaving checklist Silk photographs Felting portrait Identification dress stockings museums collecting policy sprang theatre contents mechanical aids photography leavers stripes outloans nurse Olympic Games Australia forming museum reproduction Code of Ethics for Museums