- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
preventive conservation lining boxes reconstruction Kensington Palace collar damage emotions military uniforms allergens Underwear Taoist jacket weaving filet lace wool macramé Coolmax leavers seamstress Gallen beliefs wedding dress Fabrics mercury kings' garments Flax pants weave exhibition photos collective identity accession number documentation protection from evil archival materials French knot donor stripes textile technique Mette Bagge Kiær knitted garments Lady in White receipts stored Patterns personal memories personal attitudes Digital addresses transportation knitted lace stem stitch holes necklace conservation date construction indigenous peoples Bodily Memory tradition