- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
19th century Useful transportation Hans Maler Angel stitch knit materials risk Social Le Lac des cygnes Ramie feelings accessories transport tatting lace undergarments Queen Mary of Hungary Rosenborg Castle ombré roll stitch manufacture drama Photographs Coolmax Marking textile weaves La Belle au bois dormant chemicals construction reproduction linen archival materials museums Tizian Taoist jacket material WildWorks handling narrative surface satin stitch bobbin lace leavers sewing techniques Underwear Kensington Palace fibers 18th century date nurse Guidelines cotton print dress embroidery emotions damage chain-link mesh fashionable dress Raymonda Shaggy Bear Titian pattern-taking