- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
textile technique cutwork and needlework idioms Facebook donor leavers pest management future considerations beliefs 19th century fibers Pattern-taking stitch giraffe interlinking wool collective identity Code of Ethics for Museums Flax collar museums clothes stored silk shuttle exhibition pesticide pattern-taking ICOM Marking archival materials Fleecemaking sewing techniques weaving reused clothes Planning personal memories acid-free tag unpacking bride Mette Bagge Kiær transportation Manneken-Pis dangerous Don Quichotte chemical lace museum Ramie label storage Costume idioms Printing on fabric Raschel reproduction seamstress Preparing necklace copy knitted lace Leaves to Beads