- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
lining Goretex clothes textile fibers copy St Gallen darning stitch empress transporting photos children reproduction drama Costume idioms ombré roll stitch accession number Polyester stripes José Miguel Carrera Guatemala Tiziano Vecelli surface satin stitch purse weaving WildWorks locally made clothes pattern handling damage insurance policy wool prints storage group identity Stories Theater preventive conservation burn test idioms Zuzu stored dress fabrics necklace identifying fibers Chinese traditional Costume wearer running stitch hospital mauvine Raschel Shanghai nursing schools Viscose Prince Frederik's coat apron Underwear folk dress collective identity