- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
photographs St Gall Polyester leavers photos Blogs popular culture knitted lace Balmaceda Donkey Man dangerous lining crochet heavy metals Pattern textile technique reconstruction Huipil materials Preparing the public ombré roll stitch conservation bride Bodily Memory padding tunic cutwork and needlework buttonhole stitch masks policy stem stitch legend silk chain stitch linen stockings Raymonda material preventive conservation pattern-taking Reconstruction exhibition military uniforms identifying stitches Queen Mary of Hungary acid-free tag feelings Printing on fabric photostats accession Nylon Guidelines marking and labeling velvet transport Rosenborg Castle Price tags bobbin lace color symbolism Code of Ethics for Museums