- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
label wool padding folk dress handling dress dangerous manufacture Flannel shoes transporting elasticity labels policies future considerations narrative festivals Museo Histórico Nacional 18th century Wool Publications fabrics Cendrillon Alto Peru contagious residue accession number needle lace Terminology story collar storage pattern-taking lace silk acid-free tag Preparing transportation miser's purse mannequin Tiziano Vecelli Silk Flax Price tags Ramie stem stitch Lace Heavily altered items heavy and awkward handling donor crochet Rosenborg Castle Hemp damage 1970s textile techniques conservation 19th century materials Fleecemaking stitch