- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
dangerous Goretex Rosenborg Castle silk mask photostats empress collection Underwear exhibition Thailand Terminology Brazilian construction danger lead Theater costume uniform 20th century dress insurance hospital Pattern-taking Useful embroidery stitches reconstruction Fleecemaking Titian 1962 Facebook seamstress 19th century Qing Dynasty materials ICOM lining contamination filet lace Royal Danish Collections portrait Heavily altered items Gallen tradition date Prince Frederik gown Queen Juliane Marie allergens long and short stitch details Flax photographs Collections Trust UK macramé museum ribbon protection from evil accessioning policy accession number