- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
Quick Response textile fibers Tiziano Vecelli Leaves to Beads reproduction textile weaves Costume idioms Nylon crochet lace elasticity photographs cross stitch pest management kings' garments Theater costume Flannel boxes Titian inspiration documentation clothes construction Hmong seamstress sprang photostats silk Manneken-Pis Balmaceda exhibition bride crucifix embroidery stitches courtship Gallen Ribbons knit fabrics Charles V Shaggy Bear Museo Histórico Nacional Busts and mannequins crochet Accessories health safety packing miser's purse cuffs cap stockings weaving guidelines poison exhibition space tradition museum forming masculine culture St Gallen 19th century Planning