- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
display case ICOM Paco Rabanne Busts and mannequins Publications nursing schools Knitting cutwork and needlework knickers future considerations professional dress Resource Kongedragter exhibition contents Royal Museum of Mariemont mercury knitted lace Ponchos personal attitudes shoes split stitch 18th century masks lace storage Shanghai Identification bobbin lace care collective identity crochet database symbolism ombré roll stitch knitted garments kings' garments surface satin stitch 20th century idioms tradition identifying fabrics reconstruction military uniforms prints addresses hair Thailand courtship Australia Coolmax leavers refugees Princess Margaret silk Felting sleeve Queen Mary of Hungary construction drama