- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
fabrics moving ombré roll stitch preventive conservation knickers Barbados Swan Lake Flannel narrative collecting policy cutwork and needlework Digital storage area space 1970s gown sleeve transport dress conservation legend Flax Hmong Kensington Palace Prince Frederik Marking surface satin stitch wedding dress symbolism Donkey Man exhibition Comparative items buttonhole stitch patterns Rosenborg Castle Jute media pattern Pattern embroidery stitches Photographs Acid-free Lady in White interlacing and intertwining pants outloans embroidery Huipil Terminology danger Guatemala silk manufacture textile techniques lace Heavily altered items machinery museum reconstruction Ethics