- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
collecting costume Prince Frederik Wool stitches Goretex skirt locally made clothes contents Stories textile fibers transport Fleecemaking fibers cuffs cap stockings fabrics Printing on fabric fiber dust lace gown Rosenborg Castle Comparative items personal identity SPECTRUM mercury feelings angel long and short stitch surface satin stitch Resource reconstruction showcase boxes Don Quichotte acid-free tag Zuzu material Busts and mannequins personal memories photographs Padding packing mannequin conservation crochet wedding dress Le Lac des cygnes identifying stitches identification of lace Bibliography copy hair interview buttonhole stitch data record Canadian silk false weave indigenous peoples self couching