- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
exhibition Cotton Chile padding dangerous documentation dress Queen Mary of Hungary Cendrillon 20th century Viscose embroidery stitches Balmaceda personal identity Costume idioms sprang stem stitch story collar boxes Canadian Coolmax symbolism transporting reused clothes Rayon idioms Useful textile techniques bobbin lace ballet Pattern wool identifying fabrics labels long and short stitch Manneken-Pis health safety locally made clothes garment Raymonda reproduction heavy metals Leather pattern-taking reconstruction packing fiber dust Patterns surface satin stitch interview purse Guidelines stripes Bodily Memory needle lace apron allergens poison Ramie