- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Weaving Facebook Prince Frederik exhibition space professional dress Heavily altered items pattern purse protest dress collecting costume museums Reconstruction midget museum indigenous peoples blanket stitch marriage embroidery The Tudor Child patterns 18th century silk weaving collection Soviet Epoch storage Thailand burn test fibers moving false weave display case addresses heavy and awkward handling weave Casse Noisette lace folk culture 1950s Museo Histórico Nacional lead darning stitch Theater contagious residue legend miser's purse garment stripes emotions preventive conservation popular culture Paco Rabanne Planning needle lace pants Lace Price tags personal memories knit Alto Peru