- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
floral ornaments documentation insurance Casse Noisette Blogs symbolism feelings Royal Museum of Mariemont Planning Balmaceda archives conservation shoes policies masculine culture Brazilian running stitch cotton exhibition Australia marking and labeling Lace storage knit identifying lace dress pattern Shaggy Bear Guidelines Royal Collections Weaving arsenic Ethics theatre Pattern-taking shuttle Code of Ethics for Museums photography Leather labels care Goretex pattern-taking Preparing 18th century tradition blanket stitch damage embroidery stitches idioms pest management dwarf Royal Gala video unpacking Swan Lake Theater costume Mantas story collecting policy festivals