- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Rayon Polyester Giselle 19th century vacuum photographs label idioms wearer mannequins pattern cuffs cap stockings shuttle accession cotton print dress Mantas Swan Lake reconstruction lining Useful fabric Charles V Ethics China accessories accession number crewel stitch Angel unpacking accessioning tunic symbolism textile technique exhibition apron Nylon Price tags Padding chain-link mesh theatre indigenous peoples archives addresses risk copy Le Lac des cygnes damage surface satin stitch nursing schools braiding technique Soviet Epoch customs Guatemala masculine culture Raymonda split stitch pattern-taking material labels