- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
addresses apron Useful fabrics ombré roll stitch exhibition 1962 accessories pattern interlacing and intertwining future considerations media collecting policy identifying stitches Ramie Knitting Le Lac des cygnes Viscose date machinery Goretex Marking Princess Margaret reconstruction Mapuche Canadian collar gown transportation hospital 19th century stitch archives archival materials contents Nutcracker patterns symbolism Busts and mannequins arsenic lead shuttle mercury outloans mannequin stitches digital ICOM Pattern-taking Sculptors Fabrics Mother Sally allergens wearer transporting construction clothes marking and labeling legend Accessories