- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Resource diversity of backgrounds Raschel Titian Useful addresses personal narrative gown selection criteria floral ornaments 20th century wool Cendrillon heavy and awkward handling Tiziano Vecelli dress museum pattern-taking reproduction packing acid-free tag Kongedragter Theater costume risk Royal Gala video femininity ballet chain stitch Mother Sally archives Lace lead Taoist jacket Printing on fabric undergarments digital lace Polyester policy guidelines details health safety macramé labels sewing techniques weave crucifix collecting policy disaster planning textile techniques Queen Mary of Hungary manufacture textile weaves cuffs cap stockings mechanical aids pants mannequin Canadian Royal Museum of Mariemont Queen Juliane Marie