- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Underwear wool lining textile weaves date paper false weave copy empress collecting costume media materials velvet Heavily altered items Giselle stockings Wool 18th century Nylon Don Quichotte marking and labeling reconstruction pattern-taking collective identity Rosenborg Castle The Tudor Child portrait dwarf seamstress Casse Noisette Pattern alpaca hair display case locally made clothes folk dress accession number pest management Swan Lake personal narrative Zuzu database fiber dust holes conservation Le Lac des cygnes Useful addresses cross stitch La Belle au bois dormant linen Social feelings transportation Hans Maler running stitch photography 1950s photographs material knitted lace customs