- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
mannequins Leather reused clothes needle lace Quick Response Shanghai paper jacket Ethics Charles V Raschel symbolism material Bodily Memory sewing techniques cross stitch archival materials Planning Thailand fabrics wearer Guidelines pants China Identification stitch Kongedragter fatal garter exhibition Price tags Stories Sculptors Viscose photostats interlacing and intertwining Code of Ethics for Museums SPECTRUM chemical lace collective identity crochet 20th century transporting knit vacuum photography Huipil Twitter St Gall long and short stitch collecting policy Nylon embroidery Museo Histórico Nacional stitches Polyester shuttle Pattern hair moving Zuzu