- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
sleeve cutwork and needlework popular culture collective identity Price tags blanket stitch label fabrics storage burn test photographs policy padding Queen Juliane Marie pattern lead accession inspiration Tizian Lady in White theatre Moulins buttonhole stitch WildWorks marking and labeling story dwarf Museo Histórico Nacional wool 20th century transportation database Nylon photos Marking empress addresses Viscose copy identifying fabrics customs 1950s Identification color symbolism Cotton arsenic materials self couching Guidelines group identity Mette Bagge Kiær embroidery stitches cross-stitch museum garment military uniforms ribbon reused clothes stripes fashion