- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Queen Elizabeth II exhibition Accessories reconstruction collecting costume apron dress nurse Rayon Barbados boxes sash personal attitudes deterioriation Fabrics 1970s Twitter Zuzu group identity forming fashionable dress knit unpacking Qing Dynasty Olympic Games white cotton Raymonda needle lace danger fashion running stitch allergens collecting policy insurance refugees warp collar pants Brazilian risk Cendrillon collection Thailand Padding Bibliography mask Fleecemaking identifying fibers moving jacket Royal Museum of Mariemont museum feelings color symbolism fatal garter storage Collections Trust UK elasticity WildWorks Chile