- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Planning Knitting fiber dust Charles V China locally made clothes Raschel Social chain stitch museums indigenous peoples opera documentation holes lace exhibition labeling vintage fashion Lace exhibition space Pattern-taking refugees donor tatting lace Huipil photostats weaving 20th century preventive conservation Sculptors Nutcracker skirt Lady in White storage children Tiziano Vecelli embroidery stripes Royal Gala video protection from evil collection Bodily Memory gown St Gall angel contagious residue linen fibers needle lace cross reference Costume idioms undergarments heavy and awkward handling sailor suit cuffs cap stockings materials stitch marriage lining