- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Storing reused clothes Knitting weaving insurance 20th century transporting Tizian Barbados indigenous peoples portrait photography floral ornaments mannequins exhibition space chemicals fashionable dress 19th century Charles V St Gallen health safety Printing on fabric interlinking materials Nutcracker buttonhole stitch sewing techniques construction Busts and mannequins moving Planning Queen Elizabeth II Terminology drama Manneken-Pis patterns fashion surface satin stitch fabrics museum Australia tunic Zuzu masks crewel stitch packing textile weaves Silk darning stitch handling folk culture pesticide Royal Collections masculine culture Balmaceda paper Bibliography shoes midget collar