- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Cotton sailor suit legend empress transporting folk culture Paco Rabanne silk warp hospital labeling Mantas conservation macramé burn test Acid-free storage future considerations Qing Dynasty materials Prince Frederik's coat tradition fibers protection Tizian The Tudor Child accessories packing fashion exhibition space leather clothes 1962 Preparing the public contents Price tags Taoist jacket Prince Frederik alpaca hair Bodily Memory wool Roméo et Juliette Resource narrative construction Padding date crucifix false weave Royal Museum of Mariemont mask cuffs cap stockings personal attitudes ballet kings' garments Pintrest documentation split stitch needle lace