- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Chile Twitter St Gall midget identifying fabrics fashionable dress cross reference Kensington Palace leavers construction Silk holes Useful QR code mercury Moulins necklace China folk culture Royal Museum of Mariemont archival materials Feathers symbolism Nutcracker silk ombré roll stitch Lady in White chain stitch burn test embroidery storage area contents elasticity fatal garter locally made clothes opera 1950s Queen Mary of Hungary Digital lead inspiration textile techniques Rayon digital Quick Response angel emotions mannequin material Useful addresses color symbolism warp accession number Photographs Polyester narrative Bodily Memory Cotton weaving selection criteria