- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
group identity media construction macramé heavy and awkward handling stitch Royal Museum of Mariemont diversity of backgrounds Gallen accession number cross stitch Canadian Donkey Man collecting costume tunic Viscose 20th century mechanical aids story Flax interlinking allergens masks protest dress Digital angel wedding dress patterns identification of lace Raschel risk feelings checklist lining tatting lace Zuzu shoes lead Mother Sally fashion embroidery Printing on fabric Rayon Ribbons Quick Response Costume idioms burn test folk dress exhibition necklace stripes fabrics archival materials Guatemala stem stitch Twitter labels archives pants photographs