- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
knitted garments portrait Knitting buttonhole stitch stitches documentation outline stitch 18th century Pattern-taking receipts ballet seamstress Guidelines Mette Bagge Kiær Paco Rabanne The Tudor Child stripes future considerations giraffe Digital Bodily Memory exhibition lace symbolism SPECTRUM collar Royal Danish Collections chemicals José Miguel Carrera wedding dress fiber dust policies weaving accession number surface satin stitch contents fibers running stitch 20th century mechanical aids prints feelings contamination group identity museum Pattern Kensington Palace personal narrative interlacing and intertwining Felting dress 1970s China chain stitch Feathers stem stitch labeling shoes shuttle folk dress