- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
storage traditional outfit collecting policy angel policy nursing schools textile weaves Preparing packing handling label arsenic Feathers materials Royal Museum of Mariemont Raymonda garment SPECTRUM holes Titian future considerations collection accession number Stories photography tatting lace dress indigenous peoples military uniforms Cotton Accessories fabrics color symbolism pattern-taking locally made clothes Nylon warp fashionable dress Kongedragter dwarf Thailand Weaving folk dress Flax wool lead unpacking Comparative items floral ornaments Cendrillon Nutcracker stripes 18th century lining Rosenborg Castle chemical lace personal identity interlinking linen silk