- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
textile weaves machinery packing interlinking Fleecemaking knickers collecting policy Lace Roméo et Juliette Casse Noisette personal identity pattern receipts Queen Mary of Hungary identifying stitches legend Identification interview personal attitudes giraffe The Tudor Child knitted lace Resource fibers Pintrest Theater stockings Knitting Brazilian Tizian textile fibers Nutcracker transportation Raymonda Hmong patterns holes fashionable dress wearer customs Shanghai vintage fashion Useful addresses Underwear Padding 20th century chemicals fatal garter collection heavy metals textile technique pattern-taking Royal Museum of Mariemont Stories Flax textile techniques shoes story Costume idioms construction