- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
undergarments cross reference transporting dictatorship collecting costume showcase theatre preventive conservation textile weaves lead Prince Frederik's coat Kensington Palace reconstruction Fabrics exhibition space elasticity indigenous peoples Munich care Guatemala Balmaceda linen pesticide manufacture labels portrait Knitting textile fibers inspiration sleeve long and short stitch interlacing and intertwining Flannel Hmong story popular culture prints silk donor accession number knitted garments courtship archival materials Royal Museum of Mariemont forming Useful addresses storage bride stripes documentation poison museum legend diversity of backgrounds lace St Gallen pattern construction SPECTRUM Moulins