- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
stitches locally made clothes beliefs SPECTRUM crewel stitch Planning sash chemicals Shanghai nursing schools khila't professional dress wool folk dress shoes split stitch macramé documentation angel cross stitch labels acid-free tag exhibition traditional costume Comparative items copy sprang 19th century garment Photographs knitted garments reconstruction mechanical aids embroidery Charles V bar code Bodily Memory giraffe contamination disaster planning crochet leavers Underwear Ponchos Facebook Canadian manufacture policy Rosenborg Castle Taoist jacket storage femininity stripes Lady in White chemical lace Olympic Games accession conservation braiding technique Soviet Epoch