- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
military uniforms pesticide Useful opera Moulins exhibition Acid-free fatal garter cuffs cap stockings traditional costume Laos photography angel accession number transport Lady in White festivals health safety Theater costume weaving vacuum Queen Elizabeth II Comparative items Royal Collections pattern Facebook popular culture display machinery Nutcracker Huipil necklace acid-free tag Ethics ombré roll stitch photostats sleeve transportation 19th century stitch Cotton lace khila't cross reference Printing on fabric indigenous peoples textile fibers allergens 1970s buttonhole stitch refugees policies Queen Juliane Marie reused clothes identifying fibers damage identifying stitches crewel stitch legend