- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
clothes Royal Museum of Mariemont tradition public mannequin Sculptors midget gown future considerations warp dress Guidelines textile techniques Preparing poison Mapuche interview weaving accession number storage cutwork and needlework festivals undergarments Nylon skirt reconstruction display nurse Queen Elizabeth II protection from evil Guatemala exhibition identifying fibers policies Acid-free symbolism space cross reference white cotton 18th century Planning Accessories needle lace marking and labeling lace collar Viscose shuttle documentation embroidery Hans Maler padding Kongedragter Preparing the public collecting policy Queen Juliane Marie false weave Jute display case Paco Rabanne