- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
uniform accessioning shuttle purse St Gall reproduction white cotton narrative vintage fashion locally made clothes Roméo et Juliette Coolmax stripes courtship data record Mapuche outloans patterns knickers knit split stitch stockings buttonhole stitch Knitting Viscose Moulins angel Weaving ICOM exhibition military uniforms accessories wool Tiziano Vecelli preventive conservation refugees Qing Dynasty St Gallen midget protection interview false weave 1962 kings' garments macramé symbolism Lace 20th century Silk disaster planning lace moving Kensington Palace Donkey Man Huipil Laos collecting costume Ramie storage area blanket stitch