- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
labels ballet material silk Facebook Kongedragter Mette Bagge Kiær wool The Tudor Child Pattern-taking Raymonda Manneken-Pis WildWorks Balmaceda Olympic Games QR code floral ornaments Alto Peru digital lace Tiziano Vecelli documentation mannequin Casse Noisette Terminology textile technique transportation Ethics collecting costume fashionable dress masks seamstress bride Feathers checklist future considerations fibers exhibition Collections Trust UK burn test marking and labeling reconstruction sewing techniques khila't Prince Frederik ombré roll stitch contamination Lady in White pest management hospital knitted garments professional dress necklace Weaving nursing schools archives pattern-taking shoes cotton embroidery