- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
patterns space Digital exhibition handling Padding Marking lace material Leather silk Brazilian mechanical aids showcase Facebook color symbolism Comparative items Heavily altered items fashionable dress Queen Elizabeth II policy outloans Costume idioms museum Moulins construction cotton archival materials Nylon Barbados preventive conservation Bibliography shuttle dress selection criteria kings' garments chain stitch wool interlacing and intertwining filet lace Royal Collections reconstruction undergarments data record embroidery Underwear khila't dictatorship Giselle buttonhole stitch protection portrait dwarf folk culture jacket transportation diversity of backgrounds 20th century braiding technique Pintrest