- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
La Belle au bois dormant stem stitch undergarments mechanical aids wool Collections Trust UK Queen Mary of Hungary chemical lace Preparing the public Costume idioms Lace textile techniques Hmong embroidery personal memories story Fleecemaking Pintrest 19th century reconstruction Angel paper China surface satin stitch St Gall pants Patterns material emotions digital exhibition materials symbolism fiber dust customs military uniforms Charles V uniform dwarf Roméo et Juliette transport Huipil Swan Lake Donkey Man Qing Dynasty floral ornaments museum marking and labeling lead blanket stitch Titian knitted garments manufacture care stockings boxes shoes receipts diversity of backgrounds drama