- 1. Planning a Costume Exhibition - a checklist
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... accessories use proper replica undergarments for shaping and for protecting the museum objects make/buy/borrow/adapt mannequins Preparing the space for exhibition ...
- 2. Anna Maria, the Queen’s Midget
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... years after her death, and is still part of the Royal Collections at Rosenborg Castle. Undressing the figure for conservation revealed that she wore miniature stays, hip pads, undergarments, a fashionable ...
- 3. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... to teenagers, to show how their clothing changed. Underwear – people are fascinated by undergarments, especially the way in which shaping underwear help to provide a silhouette. Collecting undergarments ...
stitch cotton bride giraffe interlinking Alto Peru cross reference sewing techniques traditional costume selection criteria linen reconstruction The Tudor Child mannequin Collections Trust UK Flannel split stitch symbolism Facebook database pants warp drama buttonhole stitch khila't pest management donor 19th century fiber dust Donkey Man personal identity 18th century Mette Bagge Kiær addresses museum photography Marking Australia Bibliography pattern-taking 1950s policy museums Useful addresses photostats Leaves to Beads protest dress Twitter stripes St Gallen crochet lace silk identifying fabrics dress storage materials 20th century embroidery storage area stockings