- 1. Planning a Costume Exhibition - a checklist
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... accessories use proper replica undergarments for shaping and for protecting the museum objects make/buy/borrow/adapt mannequins Preparing the space for exhibition ...
- 2. Anna Maria, the Queen’s Midget
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... years after her death, and is still part of the Royal Collections at Rosenborg Castle. Undressing the figure for conservation revealed that she wore miniature stays, hip pads, undergarments, a fashionable ...
- 3. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... to teenagers, to show how their clothing changed. Underwear – people are fascinated by undergarments, especially the way in which shaping underwear help to provide a silhouette. Collecting undergarments ...
silk angel bobbin lace Wool dangerous transport exhibition knit uniform Costume idioms Queen Mary of Hungary Casse Noisette knitted garments 20th century dictatorship Charles V Qing Dynasty label theatre Lace collecting policy empress Felting Digital cutwork and needlework mannequin photography dwarf damage Alto Peru personal identity sash Gallen chain-link mesh mask pants Marking transportation cross reference accessioning deterioriation stitches Belgium Guatemala fabrics dress locally made clothes hair Flannel fashionable dress shoes Royal Danish Collections Fabrics Taoist jacket Queen Elizabeth II stripes vacuum ICOM personal narrative narrative