- 1. Planning a Costume Exhibition - a checklist
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... accessories use proper replica undergarments for shaping and for protecting the museum objects make/buy/borrow/adapt mannequins Preparing the space for exhibition ...
- 2. Anna Maria, the Queen’s Midget
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... years after her death, and is still part of the Royal Collections at Rosenborg Castle. Undressing the figure for conservation revealed that she wore miniature stays, hip pads, undergarments, a fashionable ...
- 3. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... to teenagers, to show how their clothing changed. Underwear – people are fascinated by undergarments, especially the way in which shaping underwear help to provide a silhouette. Collecting undergarments ...
future considerations fashionable dress pattern-taking 1950s personal narrative silk stored exhibition pants inspiration Shanghai Theater costume packing Weaving archival materials stripes identifying stitches Titian Silk materials St Gall Don Quichotte unpacking label embroidery stitches collection Raschel velvet folk culture labeling cross reference photographs garment group identity dictatorship transporting Gallen giraffe Royal Gala video crewel stitch traditional costume stitch lining Cotton emotions Knitting embroidery Leather sash military uniforms textile weaves contagious residue Fleecemaking Royal Collections undergarments Guidelines opera white cotton paper accessioning