- 1. Planning a Costume Exhibition - a checklist
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... accessories use proper replica undergarments for shaping and for protecting the museum objects make/buy/borrow/adapt mannequins Preparing the space for exhibition ...
- 2. Anna Maria, the Queen’s Midget
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... years after her death, and is still part of the Royal Collections at Rosenborg Castle. Undressing the figure for conservation revealed that she wore miniature stays, hip pads, undergarments, a fashionable ...
- 3. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... to teenagers, to show how their clothing changed. Underwear – people are fascinated by undergarments, especially the way in which shaping underwear help to provide a silhouette. Collecting undergarments ...
Goretex Flannel mannequin Cotton packing deterioriation Queen Mary of Hungary collecting policy Busts and mannequins danger Rayon bar code Huipil clothes José Miguel Carrera transportation textile fibers ribbon weave cross reference crucifix masculine culture acid-free tag documentation floral ornaments miser's purse leavers public chain-link mesh damage mechanical aids holes exhibition braiding technique accession number traditional costume crewel stitch sprang preventive conservation policies tatting lace display chemicals labels Useful Useful addresses Queen Elizabeth II Nylon Identification long and short stitch interview lining popular culture knitted lace Roméo et Juliette ballet health safety jacket customs bobbin lace