- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
leavers transportation interlacing and intertwining interview empress exhibition space 18th century Ribbons storage Blogs Leather collecting costume courtship children Royal Gala video elasticity ombré roll stitch Social Shaggy Bear Collections Trust UK selection criteria nursing schools fibers Code of Ethics for Museums fabrics fashionable dress Belgium split stitch lace false weave Don Quichotte Acid-free customs conservation photography braiding technique Pattern 20th century mannequins Fleecemaking mechanical aids Swan Lake crochet display SPECTRUM skirt documentation mannequin The Tudor Child knitted lace Guatemala Preparing the public stripes white cotton personal narrative pattern-taking outloans danger shoes weaving