- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
pattern-taking fashionable dress transport cotton 19th century 1970s fabric jacket Paco Rabanne Zuzu knit handling 1950s copy damage silk risk Titian Acid-free José Miguel Carrera leather Queen Elizabeth II construction white cotton dictatorship textile fibers Mette Bagge Kiær shoes Mapuche patterns pants Preparing the public velvet stored children stitches policy fabrics gown photography Qing Dynasty weaving kings' garments needle lace refugees Goretex knickers Shanghai accessories storage area St Gall inspiration exhibition Storing Moulins Terminology Wool Felting Guidelines transportation