- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
Underwear Charles V space Felting fibers festivals Leather mannequins dictatorship Comparative items dress burn test photography surface satin stitch Raschel Thailand collar collective identity Reconstruction Shanghai exhibition transportation cuffs cap stockings weaving 19th century Identification Laos running stitch stitches folk dress Guidelines collecting policy cross reference 18th century boxes refugees marking and labeling empress ombré roll stitch Munich diversity of backgrounds insurance necklace 1962 wedding dress sleeve military uniforms future considerations Raymonda preventive conservation China Queen Juliane Marie selection criteria Jute label archives photographs 20th century braiding technique