- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
fabrics Swan Lake skirt Leather contents professional dress crewel stitch museums La Belle au bois dormant ombré roll stitch interlinking 20th century Underwear paper Shaggy Bear necklace hospital buttonhole stitch Hans Maler opera feelings Stories color symbolism mechanical aids reproduction purse dress self couching archival materials Huipil conservation crucifix Mother Sally exhibition museum St Gall 19th century health safety ICOM acid-free tag Tiziano Vecelli prints Donkey Man forming knit details Angel dust Cotton 18th century collective identity warp Flannel digital fashionable dress poison embroidery photostats accession 1950s