- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
elasticity lace weave Pattern-taking checklist crewel stitch textile fibers feelings buttonhole stitch wedding dress chain-link mesh personal identity cuffs cap stockings cross stitch identifying fabrics nursing schools reconstruction machinery 1950s wool manufacture preventive conservation Titian cutwork and needlework exhibition Social angel 20th century addresses Donkey Man collecting policy Fabrics macramé Alto Peru Mapuche surface satin stitch Charles V Hans Maler Ethics lining Brazilian Flax identifying stitches Mother Sally skirt Terminology labels Collections Trust UK conservation story Patterns knit Belgium Quick Response stripes empress outloans Tiziano Vecelli opera