- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
identifying stitches vintage fashion femininity hospital folk dress patterns stem stitch Hans Maler collecting costume silk reconstruction Stories transportation chain-link mesh cross-stitch Giselle Queen Elizabeth II forming labels knit storage area shuttle exhibition filet lace embroidery angel giraffe Pattern archival materials protest dress outline stitch masculine culture interlacing and intertwining marriage Kongedragter Royal Danish Collections seamstress crochet padding photostats 19th century WildWorks Photographs crochet lace collar tatting lace professional dress self couching boxes mask long and short stitch Belgium mannequins purse Roméo et Juliette burn test alpaca hair Nutcracker Donkey Man machinery